Sign in to follow this  
fish-fighting-illini

Fenwick deal?

My local fishing store is usally slightly higher than Bass Pro etc ( $5 or $10 per $100 )

They had Fenwick ARAMID's on sale for $66

I think it also said AVD or AVG?

Would that have been a decent buy?

Said orig $120

Need help fast before they are gone if a good deal

Go and get them.

Go and get them.

I couldn't pull the trigger Raul, needed to keep a handle ( pardon the pun ) on the budget.

Might still get the itch yet though.

Raul how would you rate it against a BPS Extreme?

The rods are probably Fenwick Techna AV, or HMG, with the Aramid Veil technology..

From the Fenwick website..

In all forms of rod construction, something must be added in the process of building the blank that adds strength to the high-modulous graphite fibers. In most cases, a glass scrim is used to achieve this goal. In 1997, Fenwick introduced Techna AV, the first rod featuring Aramid Veil (the scientific name for fibers such as Kevlar) technology. This technology offered tremendous strength with decreased weight. In 2003, Fenwick introduced the HMG, which uses a Carbon Veil. Much like the Aramid Veil, this all-graphite material offeres great strength and structural integrity in all directions, not just two directions such as a glass scrim provides. Because it is stronger and lighter than glass scrim, less material is used, in a lighter rod that is more sensitive and stronger than ever before
I think it also said AVD or AVG?
Probably AVS

The rods are probably Fenwick Techna AV, or HMG, with the Aramid Veil technology..

From the Fenwick website..

David I'm almost positive it was an HMG and not a Techna

Hey thanks for rounding up all of that info on the rod

Back in the late 90's I had a chance to build up about 50 of the HMG rod blanks with the new (then) Aramid Veil technology, Berkley was just introducing Kevlar fishing line also. Anyway they were a great blank IMPO light, tough, and looked good...

Tight lines!!!

They were still on sale but I might have messed up. They had 2 styles one was HMG's with carbon veil technology model GS...MF orig list @ $99 on sale for $59. The Other was an Aramid with Aramid veil technology model GAVS...M orig list $129 on sale for $66

I couldn't remember all the info from this thread while I was there so I bought the carbon veil one. It had Fuji guides. The Aramid had some other brand guides with titanium coating.

Oh well has to be better than my Berkley Lighting.