Sign in to follow this  
1fast68

Another Revo SC Review

Earlier this year I bought one of the WalMart $60 Abu Garcia reels and after using it, swore I would never by another Garcia reel. So I went to Academy Sports and purchased a new Citica 200 and it was a night and day difference in casting, never backlashed the Citica but the "cheap" Garcia was backlashing every cast....Then I see all this talk about the Revo's and it gets me curious about them. So I've read all the reviews and posts here and finally ordered one. Tried it out last night and it casts great. I strung it with 8lb fluorocarbon and tied on a 1/4oz weight. With just a normal cast it was casting 80-90 feet. Defiantly more distance than the Citica. It has a profile similar to the Citica 100 which I find a little on the small side. I was casting with the brakes set to max and never backlashed. I liked it so much that I ordered another one today. I'm not a regular baitcaster so I don't have a Bias and the only other baitcaster I have used was an older Curado that also cast very well. I think that the Revo SC is the best for the money right now. JMHO

They are sweet!!!

I own many Abu Garcia round reels and I love them all. The two revos I have are in a class of their own.

Falcon

I just bought my 2nd one last night and will have at least 2 more before Christmas. They are a helluva bargain at $80.  It is worth buying them just to tuck away NIB so they will be there years from now if you need a new one.  Cabela's had some TD Advantage HST153's on the sale shelf for $109 too.  I might get a couple of those too, if not I'm getting Revo SX's.  I just don't want a 7:1 reel on my spinnerbait/jerk bait rod.

hey, quick question about the Revo SC, the webpage is a bit confusing.....do they have a centrifugal brake (pins) or externally adjustable mag brake?

TIA,

Greg

Externally adjustable mag brake.  

Externally adjustable mag brake.

And it is very progressive in my opinion.  You can really feel the change with it, doesn't take big changes to feel the difference.  Very nice in my opinion.

The Revos are sweet from what I've seen, but I have to say I have no problems getting 80 to 90 feet, and more, when casting with a Citica.  All of my Citicas are the 200 size so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but all of mine cast great.  

Just to clear anything up... the Citica I had didn't have a problem casting 80-90 feet... it just didn't cast that far with the same amount of effort this Revo SC does.