Sign in to follow this  
volpster31

ACADIA SPORTS ROD & REELS??????

hey guys,

i got a letter in the mail today from acadia sports. they are a new rod & reel co. that are looking to get in the game.

has anyone ever heard of them???

check out http://www.acadiasports.com/reels.asp?ru=0&v=&f=e

the reels look familiar like they might be from a big brand co. but i cant tell.

im not affiliated with them in any way,i just got a letter in the mail with a brochure..

im trying to identify the reels but i cant figure it out....im sure the stuff isnt the best quality but some bigger co. has to make them for them i dont think id buy one but you never know

let me know if you can identify the reels............

Guest muddy

Reels look like Rapala Reels and or Pfluegers.that dosen't mean they are the same. I have been tempted to try their rods myself.If their spinning rods werent 2 piece, in the size and action I wanted, I would have tried one already!

I got a flyer and letter today also. I was checking out the rods they are advertising and I see they have a link to bassresource on their site.

hmm, 100% moneyback gaurentee, just return in 90 days. I may have to give 2 of those rods a good work out for 90 days.

Ok I will tell you that I have been using the fishing rods for past year.Got one baitcasting rod for carolina rig,spinning rod for shakey head rod,they do have chart to help pick out best rod to use.I have not tried the reels yet.Have got info on tackle bag and does look good.So give a try.

FIRE....... do you like the rods???? is their a brand that you would compare them to???

im thinking about giving them a try just to have a couple spares, but  att he same time i might just wait to see if the st croix avids go any cheaper than they already are ....

volpster31 the rods are great and price is really good as far as compare they will hold up to about anything on market.Also read about history of guy who is having them made and where they are made.Have had spinning rod and baitcasting rod for year and had no problems.Have used casting rod for crankbaits,spinnerbaits,carolina rig and does great with all that tackle.The rods are shipped in plastic boxs to help protect in shipping and can put spare rods in boxs to store them.Kenny

i have heard for several years that bass pro shops ,pfuleger , pinnacle brand,shakespear,banax and cabelas house brand reels are made by the same company okuma.i know daiwa makes some of cabelas reels . i don't realy know if this is true .i do know some old bass pro qualifier spinning reel spools fit okuma reels.i was wondering if that is true.i to got the flyer but pitched mine.