Sign in to follow this  
aggiebassin

which shimano?

ok guys last week i was asking about the shimano scorpion, but i have decided against a japanese version for warranty reasons and all.

so i have an opportunity to get some stuff at a discouted price.  so here is my question get a chronarch 100B or a curado 100d.  is the chronarch worth the extra $70?  i have a curado 200 and a chronarch 50 mg so i want something a little different from those.

thanks,

jason

The Curado 100 and 200 are excellent choices.

My Castic's are very good reels, too.

I would suggest getting the Chronarch.

I doubt you would go wrong with the Chronarch.

I think that the Chronarch is better mainly because the two extra bearings make it a bit more smoother.  However, I love my Curados.  Personal choice is up to you.

IMHO- there is a choking point with regards to price on equipment.

The Curado is my workhorse, and it has all I need (own around 12 of them- old and new models).

You will not tell much of a difference in stepping up to the Chronarch (other than the 50 MG b/c of weight).

That said, if you need to rationalize the extra $$, you have a good one built in, since you can get them at a discount.

Same thing with rods for me. I have settled on Powell Max rods, and for $170, they are as good as I need. Sure, I could pay a lot more and get a high end Loomis or other $400 rod, but I'd rather have two Powells for the price b/c I use them a lot, and I like having a variety of lengths and actions with me.

The curado can be had for $165  + Free Shipping. If you don't mind paying the extra for the Chronarch MG I'd say go for it, it's a step up. Maybe not a huge step up, but it's lighter for sure! If you're money is a bit of a factor, the Curado 100D for $165 is incredible.