Sign in to follow this  
blade

daiwa 153 hsta advantage vs. revo

Which one is the best of theese two, the new super tuned daiwa advantage 153 hsta or the revp sx.     Both have 11 bearings and sound like great reels for the $ but which is the best and why?

I have one of each.  I really liked the Daiwa reel and still do but I think the Revo SX is slightly better.  It is just a hair smoother on both the cast and retrieve.  It's not a big difference but if I can feel it I would think just about anyone can.  The Revo is also slightly smaller and I just like the way it feels vs the Daiwa.  I don't have enough knowledge to back this next statement up but it seems to me the brake system on the Revo is more responsive to input.  Smaller changes seem to go a long way.  Like I said though, I don't know enough about either design to say one is better from a build perspective, just what it feels like to me.  

The decision you are faced with is hardly even worth a minutes concern.  Both are excellent reels but my opinion is the Revo is slightly better.

I haven't used an Advantage but I've sold a few and messed with them while I had them.  Had the Revo's not come around I would have definitely used these reels.  Very nice.  The straight 150 series are also great reels.  You can get them on Ebay in like new condition for $50-65.  A steal for that reel.  

No complaints at all for the Revo STX.   It's a great reel and build very solidly.

I have six HST's and four Revos. It's hard to say because I realy love both of them. But for heavy use and total fishability I would say the Revo is a bit better than the HST.