Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

new daiwa megaforce baitcaster

Guest Wiimote_Angler

I was thinking about getting one as well if not the Viento.  The twitchin bar is pretty nice.  That way I can put one of my hands on the line to feel and have the other reel in easily with the bar without having to stick the rod it to my tummy for support while reeling with my other hand.

i saw this on the bass pro shops site as well... its cheap and has a real high gear ratio... i don't know how useful a twitching bar is though...

i saw this on the bass pro shops site as well... its cheap and has a real high gear ratio... i don't know how useful a twitching bar is though...

The "Twitchin' Bar"  is used for flipping jigs and plastics, and also for bottom bouncing.  It's actually very useful.  

I got my hands on one at Gander Mountain the other day, and I was really impressed.  I'm thinking about picking one up for myself after Christmas.  It was a really well built and solid reel.  I loved the red spool on it!  After examining it I was thinking to myself that it felt like a $200 reel.  You can't go wrong at $59.   I'll probably buy mine from BPS so I can get my rewards points on my customer account.  You don't have to have a credit card with them to get rewards points.  A lot of people don't know that.   ;)  Just call them up and tell them you want to sign up for a rewards account, but you don't want the credit card.  They'll sign you up, and send you a card that looks like a grocery discount card.  I know it's not much, but I get 4 cents on the dollar back on BPS branded items.  2 cents on the dollar for non-BPS items.  It adds up after you make a couple of trips. Right now my rewards account has quite a bit of money in it, and I've always paid cash when I shop there.      

I bought one because of the "twitchin" bar. I wanted to try it without spending $200.00. I must say it is a smooth little reel for the money. I am happy with it but I probably don't know any better! ;D I don't own any real expensive baitcasters to compare it to.

I got one like 3 weeks ago.  So far i have been very impressed with it.  It is a steal at $59, it seems like it should cost a lot more.  It casts a mile, and is pretty smooth.  The twitchin bar works just as advertised.  I have been mainly using it to fish jigs.  

I have a pond in my backyard, and was just messing around throwing some old fish food we have had laying around for years, when i noticed that the catfish in there were coming to the surface eating the food.  I threw some breaded chicken on a hook, and ended up catching two 10+lb catfish on this setup, and the reel handled it just fine.  

I currently have it on a old BPS bionic blade rod.  I really dont like this rod, it is extremely heavy.  If anyone else has this reel, let me know what kind of rod your using, and how you like it.