Sign in to follow this  
Schaefer

Abu Garcia Baitcaster

My friend has an Abu Garcia baitcaster that he bought for $250ca 5 years ago :). He is willing to sell it to me, I dont know what model it is or anything. I was just wondering how good they were back then, especially a $250 one? :-? If possible could someone link me to some pics of AG BC reels from that era? or maybe have an idea of what model it is according to the price? ::)

Thx

5 years ago?  $250?  The only one that comes to mind would be the Morrum.  These were great reels.  

If you are buying it, make sure you know the specific model and search the internet for its MSRP.  The Morrum had several incarnations being priced from well over $300 to under $200.  

The current incarnation of the Morrum sold in the US is the EXT.  I have the EXT Pro and it is a fantastic reel and casts a country mile.  

Here's what the older expensive Morrums looked like:

I sent him a message on facebook asking him to tell me the model of it and if he can find a pic on google or sumthing. Im kinda of hoping its not a round baitcast, but if the price is right I might scoop it up if it is a round.

Im also looking at a brand new chronarch mg with a st croix premier for $225 canadian, you guys think I should scoop that up? sounds like an awesome deal

As already stated, for that price it's probably a Morrum.  Check Ebay thoroughly, there are several incarnations of the Morrums and some are worth that $200 and some much less.