Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Bought a new Rod, again..

I visited Tuppens (local boat/tackle store) today just to browse.

I was armed with my pocket knife and my .38 cal S&W just incase I spotted that monkey we all fear.  

I was looking at the G-Loomis MBR844C.  It's a 7' GLX heavy power, fast action, weighing in at 4.65 ounces.  Priced at $355.

Well, the next thing I know is I wake up lying in the middle of the isle with a lump on my head and a killer headache.  My wallet was on the ground next to me with my debit card out.  Then I noticed a sales receipt stapled to my shirt.

I have no idea where the heck that monkey was hiding when it ambushed me but he's still on the loose so beware.

I was considering the Megabass but I won't buy a rod without being able to finger fondle it and I can't find anyone close to me that has one I can try.

Too funny.

The bait monkey slayer (the other half) ended up not being able to visit the grandchildren this weekend, so I missed out on my trip to Cabela's. :'(

So that's the new toy you got today...

Jason,  Yea.  The wife was sitting next to me when you called so I had to be vague about what  bought.

HAHAHA. I took the wife with me to Bass Pro Shops. Of course, I didn't drop $350 either. ;D

I have a MBR844C GLX and so does RW.

I was about to get an IMX as well the other day but cannot financially now afford it.

It's a GREAT rod and I'm sure you'll be plenty happy. It's my go to jig rod. I got mine for $300 though  :o