Sign in to follow this  
Jake P

BPS advice

ok i bought a new reel at BPS not too long ago and i was out fishing today and when i casted it out there the knob you turn to adjust the brake flew off in the the water to never be seen again.Any suggestions as to what to do? can i take it back to bps and get another or do i have to send it in to abu garcia? Or can i order the part?

Do you think they would agree to exchange it for a new one? Or gimme the piece?

Their offical policy is replacement for 30 days from purchase if you have the receipt. After 30 days return to manufacturer. However you can try anyway, they do occasionally make exceptions, especially for regular customers............Al

BPS has THE best customer service compared to any store ive been to in years, they did replace the whole reel and apologized for me havin to come back up there.Although the guy that gave me the new reel wasnt very friendly.Everyone has their bad days so its ok.

ok i bought a new reel at BPS not too long ago and i was out fishing today and when i casted it out there the knob you turn to adjust the brake flew off in the the water to never be seen again.Any suggestions as to what to do? can i take it back to bps and get another or do i have to send it in to abu garcia? Or can i order the part?

Are you talking about the spool tension knob? or the dial to adjust the magnetic brake on the sideplate?