Sign in to follow this  
joeyd50

Line??

Welcome aboard!

I'm Mr. Yo-Zuri Ultra Soft.

Still using reg. Stren Mono. Not much help huh :-[. I'll just say WELCOME to the forums!!!

As Ever,

skillet

Stren original clear 17# test. This is the only line I have found to holdup under

the fishing conditions I face while river fishing. I only buy from BPS, because they sell a lot of line and the chances of you getting an old spool of line are slim.

Welcome to BR.

I started using Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft this year, and I really like it.  I'll keep using it until I find something better.

Thanks for the quick replies and the warm welcome to the forum. I'm going to go with one of these lines for Texas rig, spinnerbait, frog and buzzbait fishing, they both look really good. I'm just doing a lot of reading and asking people.

Joe

Has anyone ever had the chance to eyeball some of the pro's bulk spools. What do you think thier most used mono line is? It suprises me each time I see several spools of Triline Big Game in their supply. :o

None of the above, my favorite fluorocarbon line is Seaguar InvizX and my favorite mono is Stren Original.

I've been using Vanish for 3 years now for drop shotting, tube jig & jerkbait fishing. No problems.

Pick up some 12lb. big game for jerk baits and poppers, 12lb Yo-Zuri Hybrid for Texas rig worming, 20lb. Yo-Zuri Hybrid for spinner and crank baits, Power Pro 40lb for jigs and plastic frogging in the pads. Do these discussions sound OK?

Thanks

Joe

Instead of #20 Hybrid, I would suggest nothing more than #15. #20 Yo-Zuri is too thick for casting and CANNOT be broken, you will have to cut the line if you hang-up and cannot retrieve your lure.

Instead of Big Game u might want to consider Vicious Ulitimate in 12#, Vicious Fluorocarbon in 15# for the Texas Rigs, 10# Vicious Fluorocarbon for crankbaits, and either 20# fluorocarbon or Ultimate for the spinnerbaits.  The Power Pro is fine except I use the 50lb.

Vicious has been panned on this and other forums as the worst line on the planet. I know some people like Vanish, too. I just can't picture anyone experimenting with either line, almost any alternative would be a better choice. We all have our favorites, but neither of these would be among them.

For the flouro's, gamma or yo-zuri. Like them for everything. I used flouro a lot two years ago and need to get back with it. Messed around with other lines mono's and braid this year and realized how great flouro really is.