Sign in to follow this  
YJsmitty

Abu Garcia Promax

Just wondering if any one has used the Promax and what they think of it.  Its $30 less than the Revo S just how it compare.  Also does anyone know what it weighs I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks

Own it, love it, buying abother.

Tin, is the frame graphite or metal/aluminum?

Thanks.

Also does anyone know what it weighs I couldn't find it anywhere.

7.9 per tackle warehouse

I emailed Abu Garcia 15 mins ago asking what the frame was made of and I got a reply already "It's aluminum". That's the fastest reply I've ever received from a company.

It's interesting their web site makes no mention of an aluminum frame which is a key selling point on most reels.......especially those under $100.  

I emailed Abu Garcia 15 mins ago asking what the frame was made of and I got a reply already "It's aluminum". That's the fastest reply I've ever received from a company.

There serivce is second to none. :)

I also emailed Abu Garcia about the frame and they first emailed me back and said aluminum then they emailed me back and apologized and said it was graphite.  So the final answer is graphite.  Unless I get another email saying something different.  ;D

I like METAL baitcasters not saying the promax is not strong but at delos you can buy a revo s for 89 bucks if u enter the code 10 dollars more gets u a metal baitcaster U will sacrifice your MAG brakes though

I also emailed Abu Garcia about the frame and they first emailed me back and said aluminum then they emailed me back and apologized and said it was graphite. So the final answer is graphite. Unless I get another email saying something different. ;D

As I suspected.

Officially, they are "polymeric," which could mean a lot.    Probably a poly/graphite combitnation.  

U will sacrifice your MAG brakes though

That's not necessarily a bad thing.  The S's brake is apparently more effective than the magnetic brake on other Revos.