Sign in to follow this  
lunkmeister

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO

Hell0 all,

new here,awesome site,just looking for a little advice and reccomendation,my wife recently bought me a new pole,a "uglistk" 6'6"

medium action,I will be using this rod both for bass and river fishing,what i need is a decent mid priced reel to put on it.most of my bass fishing is done in pond and small lakes.any ideas would be great

Welcome aboard!

We need a little information:

1. Spinning rod or baitcaster?

2. How much do you want to spend?

Welcome! I would recommend an older stradic or a symetre. This will serve your needs and then some.  :) We'll all be around  when you're ready for a baitcast reel too.  ;D

Welcome! I would recommend an older stradic or a symetre. This will serve your needs and then some. :) We'll all be around when you're ready for a baitcast reel too. ;D

+1   8-)

The Symetre is about $79.

The Stradic 2500FH is being replaced, so you might find it on sale for around $80.

If most of the fish you catch are over 20 lbs, I would go with a baitcaster or the Stradic 4000 series. The 2500 Symetre and Stradic are bass reels. Both can easily handle fish up to at least 20 lbs.

You might also consider the Pflueger President, Supreme, and Trion. Okuma makes some nice reels within your price range as well. The older Okuma Metalloid reels can be bought on Ebay for a reasonable price and seem to be well built. IMO:o)

I have a Symetre and really like it. Try and get a baitcaster for those "BIG" cats. Save the spinning set-up for those Bass. WELCOME to the forums!!!

As Ever,

skillet

thanks all of you and Jimzee are you anywhere near new martinsville,i have family that lives an hour east of there in Hundred.