Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Daiwa Exceler  or Shimano Symetre?????

I went to Gander today and I was playing around with the reels. Someone said that the Daiwa Exceler was a nice reel,so I took a look at it when I was at Gander. and it did feel like a real nice reel, very smooth. I will be buying two spinning reels soon so of these two what one would you buy???????

Never used the Daiwa but can vouch for the Symetre.  I own a symetre 1500 FI and love it.  Great reel for the price in MO you wont find one much better.  Very smooth and very little problems.  I have heard some people say the get a little rough over time but I have owned mine for a year now and used it 3-4 times a week with no problems, for all applications.  I also own a Stradic 2500 but prefer the Symetre over it as well.  

I just recently purchased two Daiwa Exceler reels from Tackle Warehouse for $59.00 each and free shipping.  I received them in two days from the order date...unbelievable service!  I love the reels.  I have a Shimano Citica but I prefer the casting of the Daiwa.

http://www.***.com/descpageRLSDAIWA-DES.html

SeniorBasser

I screwed up! In my previous post, I compared the Citica Baitcaster to the Daiwa Exceler.  Although I have the Citica, I meant to compare the Shimano Sienna to the Daiwa Exceler and I prefer the Daiwa.  I have the Sienna also.  It's about two years old and works fine, I just like the feel of the Daiwa.  Just my opinion but you can't go wrong on either reel.

SeniorBasser

The Shimano Symetre is considered by many members of The Shimano Possee to be the "best value" in the Shimano line-up. I happen to prefer the Stradic. Either way, these are fine reels that, with proper maintenance, will last a decade or more. The reels I have had, going back to 1997, are all in use today and perform EXACTLY as they did the day they came out of the box!

Strong, smooth, silent and reliant.

8-)

i had the same question with u and ended up buying both LOL

Good answer,maybe that is the way to go!!!!!!! 8-)