Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Gamma Please!

I like to try lines that I never did use to see what the pro's and con's of each line. Now last year I used =

Sufix Braid= great stuff that's the Braid for me!

Sufix Elite=I did like it,not alot of memory,and strong.Used it on my cranks.

Sufix Siege= Again good line,low memory,strong.

Yo-Zur Ultra Soft= Real nice line for spinning reels flows of spool nice with low memory and a strong line fot # 6 & 8 # line.

Trilene Big Game= Has more memory than the others but, I like it for spinnerbaits, topwater,jerk baits,cranks.

Gamma Copolymer=This line is by far the best line that I have ever used, Very low memory and Very strong. I used it on my spinning and bait caster reels with NO problems, I can't say enough good things about this line.

Gamma Flouorocarbon= Very good but, it just costs too much but, then again you get what you pay for!

This year I will try the Vicious Ultimate line. But 80% of my reels will have Gamma thats how much I do like it!

I know that there are alot of good lines out there and everyone has there lines that they like. I just wanted to put my 3 cents worth in.

Are there ant more Gamma people out there?  :)

I guess you can look it up for a technical definition, but for fishing lines is just means more than one type of nylon compound is used to make the line.

Well...I'm a Pline CXX guy.  Anglers line choice is more broad than even rod or reel brands I think.  One thing manufacturers have not overcome is softness versus stretch and abrasion resistance.  You just have to prioritize...and my priorities are strength and abrasion resistance.  Memory is overrated in my book; it disappears after a few casts.  If you like Gamma Copolymer, try the McCoy's Mean Green or McCoy's Xtra Clear...very castable with pretty good abrasion resistance.  A lot of guys on TFF use it.  For fluoro...you won't find a bad review of the new Trilene Professional Grade...Berkley nailed it.  

Well...I'm a Pline CXX guy. Anglers line choice is more broad than even rod or reel brands I think. One thing manufacturers have not overcome is softness versus stretch and abrasion resistance. You just have to prioritize...and my priorities are strength and abrasion resistance. Memory is overrated in my book; it disappears after a few casts. If you like Gamma Copolymer, try the McCoy's Mean Green or McCoy's Xtra Clear...very castable with pretty good abrasion resistance. A lot of guys on TFF use it. For fluoro...you won't find a bad review of the new Trilene Professional Grade...Berkley nailed it.

Thanks for the info I will take a look at them.

I've used coploymer lines before and liked it but did not love it. I am a guy of extremes so i dont want to use the comprimise between fluoro and mono but it is not bad just i like 100% fluoro better( i like the lack of stretch because i hate fishing that rubber band people call mono)

Last season I used gamma Co-Poly for the first time and I really liked it.

I used it primarily for topwater poppers, walking baits and buzzbaits.  That stuff is super tuff.

Because of the breaking strength, you can go down a lb class or two; i.e., according to the company, 10# breaks at 17.5lbs, and 12# breaks at 20.0lbs.

Been using the Vicious Fluoro for couple of months and really like it so far.  Especially like the price, much better than many of the Fluoro's out there even less than the BPS XPS which I used before this and liked it.

Started using gamma copolymer in late summer and liked it. Before that big game and seige,still like big game. As far as braid the one I have had the best luck with is Suffix but don't use braid too often. Fluorocarbon I like P-Line.