Sign in to follow this  
.dsaavedra.

No Reel Seat

That is what they call a Tennessee handle. The reel is secured by tape or some other fastner. You are supposed to be able to adjust the reel along the handle to your preference. Personally if I am going to spend that kind of money on a rod, it better have a reel seat.

Just my opinion

T.

Tennessee handle.  It is held in place by a wrap or rings.  I have two of them and they are very comfortable to fish with.

could be an ice rod the reels are usually held on with some sort of rubber clamp, or just a perch jerkin rod (but i aint sure why someone would spend money on a perch jerker)

They are for jigging. You tie a jig to one end of the line, and the other end of the line to your finger. You move your finger to get action out of the jig. ;D

They are for jigging. You tie a jig to one end of the line, and the other end of the line to your finger. You move your finger to get action out of the jig. ;D

THAT'S FUNNY !!!

Dave,

Note it's existance.

Forget about it.

Go out and have your dad get you a few G. Loomis rods and be done with it. ;D

Yep, it's a Tennessee handle. Some guy building rods up in Tennessee built a rod and forgot to use a reel seat... next thing you know... it's a hit!  :P

They've been around a looooong time.  ;)

I owned a Tennessee handled spinning rod for a long time and loved it.  I'd change the tape every other year.  It allows you to properly balance the reel on the rod easier.