Sign in to follow this  
4pwr

Please suggest good travel rods. Spin and cast.

Would like 2 travel rods. One for spinning and one for casting. Anyone have something or know of some rods that would be of interest ro me?

Very good rods at a very good price (and they travel nicely)

Casting:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_59075_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6

Spinning:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_59069_100002002_100000000_100002000_100-2-2

PS I would wait for a sale (which happens often on these rods).  I purchased mine for $69.99 each.

I just saw at Sportsmans Warehouse travel rods, both spinning and casting for about $39 (I think). They varied from 6' - 7' in length and they broke down into 4 parts. The pieces would probably fit into an attache case.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the brand name but for travel purposes it seemed a fair deal. If you have a Sportsmans nearby you might want to give them a call.

I have both casting and spinning models of the Ocean Master travel rods. These are 7' 3 piece rods. They come with a nice rod case which is about 30" and fits nicely into my duffle with wheels. I use the casting outfit with a Diawa Costal inshore reel more often because it is smaller to pack than the spinning outfit. I am very pleased with both, however.