Sign in to follow this  
mike bat

st croix question  graphite ????

what would the difference be in the graphite as far as feel ..... i need to know the differences in the sc11 vs the sc1V graphite ..... witch one would have the better feel and how noticable will the differences be in the two ......  :-?

what would the difference be in the graphite as far as feel ..... i need to know the differences in the sc11 vs the sc1V graphite ..... witch one would have the better feel and how noticable will the differences be in the two ...... :-?

Well, the SC-II is the Premier/Triumph blank, and the SC-IV is the Legend tournament blanks, so the difference would be quite noticable. I suggest going to the Croix site and reading about the differences too.

Here is a good page to start:http://www.stcroixrods.com/content.asp?id=29&section=resources

Oh, the SC-IV would be the much better blank.

i need to know the differences in the sc11 vs the sc1V graphite
Basically the differences are the SC4 has a higher modules strain than the SC2 blanks. The SC4 has the IPC and ART processes used in the making and the SC2 doesn't. There is a difference between the weights of the 2 blanks (considering length is the same).
witch one would have the better feel and how noticable will the differences be in the two
In a production rod, the better rod would be the SC4 over the SC2. Yes there will be a noticeable difference between the two rods.

In a custom build I'm not sure, I build on SC2 blanks all the time and can get quite a light finished rod and very sensitive, then in the SC4, watch out customs are the only way to go.....

As stated the best way to compare would be to find a local shop with the line-up and feel for yourself.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!!