Sign in to follow this  
Big T

Fenwick, All Star, Abu Garcia Rebate

I saw on Cabela's website and then again on Fenwick's website where if you purchased an Abu Garcia Revo reel with either an All Star or Fenwick rod you could get a $50 mail in rebate. The Fenwick website said that the three had partnered together for the rebate. This does not make sense to me. I mean I can see Fenwick and Abu GArcia doing it because they are owned by Pure Fishing. However, All Star is a Sheakespeare Company, why would they partner with their competition. It seems like All Star would offer this rebate with Pflueger. Has All Star been sold to Pure Fishing? From a business stand point I just do not get it.

Abu Garcia and Fenwick are owned by Pure Fishing.

All Star is owned by Shakespeare.

The Jarden Corporation owns Pure Fishing and Shakespeare.  

Jarden has owned Shakespeare for some time now.  They just bought Pure Fishing in April 2007.  Who knows how Jarden has decided to consolidate the two.  But these companies, and quite a few others, including Pfueger, are all related now.  

Thanks Micro,

I knew somewhere up the corporate ladder there was a connection. I did think that these companies would be helping their competition. Talk about a monopoly.