Sign in to follow this  
mackkie

BPS Spring Classic Weeks

What type of sales can we expect at BPS for the spring classic?  How good are the deals/sales they have, and is it all their branded stuff on sale, or do shimano, pflueger, st croix, and some of those brands get worked into this sale as well?

We just had our BPS in Mass open this past fall, so it's our first spring classic, thanks for the input!

What type of sales can we expect at BPS for the spring classic? How good are the deals/sales they have, and is it all their branded stuff on sale, or do shimano, pflueger, st croix, and some of those brands get worked into this sale as well?

We just had our BPS in Mass open this past fall, so it's our first spring classic, thanks for the input!

I am also wondering what kind of sales they have. Can anybody share their past experience here? Especially on the prices of the BPS rods ;)

If you are looking for something specific then you may not be that excited about the sale.

They will have their own BPS brands on sale plus Zoom and some of the other big name manufacturers.

But you have to know what you want and check out if it is on sale.

Be sure to know the model numbers as there are a lot of rods and reels out there that are made by the same company but are not the same.

I got a two great BPS tee shirts for $5 each last year at thier sale. ;)

I go to BPS every year and I am one of the first persons through the door once the sale begins or I go the night before which is reserved for there reward program members.

My advice is get there when the doors open. The best deals are on there EXTREME series rods. You can pick one of those up for around $60-70 (reg. rpice is $99).  Bionics can be had for around $40-50. Last year the BPS crankin stick for $30. Aso they have a reel trade in program which is sweet if you are looking to get an upper end reel. So if you are looking for a new rod and reel then I would go.

Other items on sale that are popular:

BPS fluorocarbon line and Terminator Spinnerbaits. If you do not get there early you will have to settle for a raincheck for these items. These items fly off the shelf and will be picked over in a couple of hours.

Items that I buy:

Noman DD22 (bait monkey loves these)

Eakins Jigs

Gammy hooks

10' berkley power worms.

Chompers 4" hula grubs to match Eakins jig.

Boo-Ya Spinnerbaits (I like these better than the Terminators)

All other items I tend to support the local tackle shops.

Just about everything is on sale. St. Croix, Loomis and you upper end rods will not be on sale. Hope this helps.

Thanks DJ.

I'm going to buy an Avid, to go with a pflueger supreme reel.  I'm guessing these won't be on sale?

Did anyone see a price on the Browning Midas rods last year?

Don't recall if the Browning brand was on sale last year.  It does look like they have changed the thing just a bit.  Broke it up into 3 separate sections this year and all stores at the same time.  They used to stagger it at different stores.

There is a big spread on the main page of their website.  You can check on your particular store for details too.

Watch for a "flyer" in your mail box and check the papers for ads.  The web page shows a video coming later.  Not there as yet this evening.

As was posted earlier.  Check the rods/reels for specs.  They tend to sneak some lower quality items in with similar names.  

I'll be hitting my local store once the initial crush wears off on opening weekend.

Shortbasser

Adding to what some of the others have posted. I know that shimano will not be participating in the reel trade-in. Which is kind of a bummer since the trade-in reels go to CAST.

If you link to the BPS site from the banner here, you can look up the store site for your specific store. From there you can look at the current circulars, or flyers, that will detail the sales specifically. You can also call, ask to speak to someone in fishing and ask them if the larger items you want are going to be on sale.

I've been following this religiously because I live 20 minutes from the olathe and independence locations.

I seem to recall in the last few years that they would have some pretty good sales on some lures not usually on sale.

I recall Lucky Craft pointers and Sammies at $10, darn near every rattle bait in the store for $2 and some others like that.  I don't think they were that price for the entire Spring Fishing sale, rather just one item like that per day.

As far as rods and reels...I think the only true sale prices would be on BPS and Browning brand rods/reels.  However, everyone but Shimano is participating in the reel-trade in, so you can get a lower price on other name-brand reels when you trade in an old reel.