Sign in to follow this  
Gr8wall

broken daiwa tierra and 5 year warranty

Hey guys, i have some questions about my subject title.  Well i was fishing with my daiwa tierra rod and upon setting the hook on a fish the rod tip broke (at the 4th guide, inclusive of tip).  well i saw that there was a 5 year limited warranty on the rod and i have only have it for less than two years.  i called the cust. rep and he sounded clueless but told me to send it in where they would inspect it and get back to me.  i would hate to spend the money on something uncertain (like it wont be covered under warranty and im out on the shipping money).  Do you guys still think i should send it in anyways even though i dont have the reciept?  or should i save myself the hassle and use the shipping money on a new tierra rod.  i dont think i mistreated or handled the rod considering i do keep it indoors.  i dont know, i am kinda confused on what to do.  what are your opinions?  Thanks guys.

Send the rod and you 'll get a new one.

I don't know you need an rma. My buddy sent in a Diawa Procaster like 6 months after he bought it (the reel seat broke) and he never heard from them again.

how long were your turn around times and did anyone contact your just send you one out of konw where?  thanks guys