Sign in to follow this  
scooter gr

Question for Carrot Stix Experts

I am about to buy a  new "go to"rig.  I intend buy a Shimano Chronarch 50mg reel and a Carrot Stix.

I am torn between the 6'6" medium with the med/fast action and the 6'9" medium with the Parabolic action.  I am looking for accuracy and range with lighter baits.  I will mostly be doing drift fishing on the Colorado River for large and small mouth bass  with 8 to 10 pound line.   What the heck is Parabolic?  Recomendations? Thanks in advance

What the heck is Parabolic?
bending throughout the rod, maximum bending located at about half the rod length, also know as slow action.

What the heck is Parabolic?
bending throughout the rod, maximum bending located at about half the rod length, also know as slow action.

Used for crank baits.

I own a couple of Carrots and a Couple of Powell rods as well (same price range).  I honestly like my Powell's better...they are equally light in weight and have much better guides.  Sensitivity seems better also.  Powell is my new recommendation in the middle rod market; I honestly think the sensitivity and performance is on the Croix LT level (which I own also).  

agreed on the powells, they are awesome! Sensitivity is equal to my Loomis's, and i like the guides and teh grips better!

I own the 6'6" that your talking about. Its a good all around rod for anything but cranks. You could use it for them I wouldnt reccomend it though.