Sign in to follow this  
bigmountaineer

Acadia Rods?

I recently ordered two new rods from www.acadiasports.com with their promo buy one get one free deal. I have to say I bought the F series and I'm really impressed.It looks , feels , and fishes well. After shipping they are $32 dollar rods. What a deal I think.

Any other's tried them out?

I have not tried them though I have received some of their literature in the mail a couple of times.  I was a bit wary.  Usually when you read something that sounds too good to be true it usually is.  It sounds like you like these rods.  That's good.  

I have been using their 7'6" as my swim bait rod because I am to cheap to buy a real swim bait rod.  I like it just fine for the money.  I think a Berkley Lightning Rod is better for the money.  To bad they don't make a stout 7'6" Lightning Rod  

The action of the 7"6 and 7' that I have is MH/F.  I sold the 7ft at a garage sale because I have much better rods that I use.

I have been using their 7'6" as my swim bait rod because I am to cheap to buy a real swim bait rod. I like it just fine for the money. I think a Berkley Lightning Rod is better for the money. To bad they don't make a stout 7'6" Lightning Rod

The action of the 7"6 and 7' that I have is MH/F. I sold the 7ft at a garage sale because I have much better rods that I use.

Yeah I was going to make it a point to say they weren't top of line, but I figured eveyrone else knew that.

Berkley Lightining isn't a bad rod either, but I enjoy the two Acadia I have for a budget fisherman with a kid on the way.

I'm so tight I've been told I squeak when I walk,,,,take care.

If I had or could afford a nice rod, I WOULD HAVE ONE and I would be using it >?! :)

Hey Adam I love mine! I currently have 8 of them. I have yet to break one and I fish them hard. At first I was skeptical, because it seemed too good to be true.. but turns out this is one case where you actually get more than your moneys worth. No they are not Loomis rods, but they don't claim to be either. They are just good, solid, long lasting rods. I am like you, just had a baby and I don't have 250.00 to spend on a rod that I will probably step on and break. You just can't beat 2 for 60 bucks.

Hey Adam I love mine! I currently have 8 of them. I have yet to break one and I fish them hard. At first I was skeptical, because it seemed too good to be true.. but turns out this is one case where you actually get more than your moneys worth. No they are not Loomis rods, but they don't claim to be either. They are just good, solid, long lasting rods. I am like you, just had a baby and I don't have 250.00 to spend on a rod that I will probably step on and break. You just can't beat 2 for 60 bucks.

I agree I'm about to get into pitching and flipping thinking about ordering their 7' and 7'6" rods. But I dont' know if I really want a 2pc rod or not or just wait for the others to come in stock.