Sign in to follow this  
basspro96

drop shot combo and jerk bait  rod and reel combo

Do any of you guys have any suggestions for a spinning drop shot combo under 150 dollars and a casting jerkbait combo for under 100 dollars

combos???? not in that price range, rod OR reel yes i have recomendations.

Drop Shot:

Shimano Compre ML action rod, you choose length - $89

Shimano Sahara 2500 size - $60

Total: $149

I would bite the bullet by spending $19 to get the symetre, but if I had to skimp on this combo, I would definitely skimp on the reel.  IMHO, it is better to invest in a more sensitive rod over the bigher priced reel for this application.

As for the jerkbait rod/reel combo, that is kind of a big ask for $100.

Go with a Shimano Convergence rod with a medium action and length of your choice for about $39.00 and spend the rest on the reel. In as where I can recommend a sahara, I can't recommend a casting reel for $60.00 because I have not ever used a reel I bought new for that price.

well I dont really like the shimano at all bad experience I prefer bass pro shops abu garcia and their is a walmart rod called a quantum torsion that I have looked at and all my fishing buddies say it is great for jerkbait reel though on that one I dont really know. Drop shot I sorta like the woo daves extreme series. 6'8 rod spinning. reel I dont know either

I would recommend the Woo Daves series combo for your drop shot. I have recommended this to several people and have received PMs telling me how much they like it.

For a jerkbait, I would recommend the 7'MH extreme combo.

Or

Use the $150 and get a Quantum PT Energy 7'M paired with a code or extreme reel for the jerkbait. The energy rods are awesome! Bass pro has the combo for $139.

Then spend the $100 on your Woo combo... Viola 2 awesome combos!

If you are going to use the jerkbait rod for other crankbaits, then a crankin stick may be another option. But for suspending jerkbait, I dont like a lot of give or even a slow action. I want to feel the hit when the bait is suspended and a little stiffer rod to move the lure. Some rods that's a M action and some a MH. But that's just me.

well I dont really like the shimano at all bad experience I prefer bass pro shops abu garcia and their is a walmart rod called a quantum torsion that I have looked at and all my fishing buddies say it is great for jerkbait reel though on that one I dont really know. Drop shot I sorta like the woo daves extreme series. 6'8 rod spinning. reel I dont know either

Sorry to hear that about your experience with Shimano, and that's cool, no sweat off my back or yours. The Woo Daves rods from what I hear are pretty good. I would recommend Lamiglas rods but they are probably not available in your area. The tough thing for me is that I have a hard time buying any gear, rod or reel, that I can't handle in person. :)