Sign in to follow this  
macjiger

New Line

I recently used fireline and hated it, so I went back to mono. I put berkley sensation 14# on my baitcaster and my spinning rod about two weeks ago. I have used them 3 times since and the line already has terrible memory with many coils. I am looking for a line that has very little to no memory and good feel. I want something around 15#. what do you guys suggest?

I would recommend Gamma Copoly or Yo-zuri Hybrid US.  I have used both with no problems.

IMO 14# or 15# mono seems too much for a bass fishing spinning reel.  Also don't base yor opinion on super lines on Fireline as it is not one of the better options, IMHO.

what pound test would you recommend for mono and fluoro? The only reason I treied fireline was because I was curious to see what it was like. I don't fish in conditions that warrrant that type of line often. I usually fish in deeper water without vegitation, occasionally rocks.

What size spinning reel do you have?  I use a Stradic 2500 and 10# is the heaviest line I use.  If you have a larger spinning reel the bigger line won't matter as much.  Give the yo-zur hybrid ultrasoft a try in 6# or 8#.

I don't use braids or superlines much either but if I do I go with suffix or power pro.

try something less heavy duty, like a 6 or 8# line, in my experience, in general the lower the test the less memory it will have compared to the same product.

Most tackle stores should have it I think.  I have purchased it from Gander Mt as well as local places at home.  I think I even saw some at Wal MArt.

Suffix Elite No memory and no line twist what so ever.  Great line and its not expenstive

I agree Suffix Elite. I put it on for the first time this year and have nothing bad to say about it. It is great line.

Most of the problems that are mentioned on this thread can be greatly reduced (fixed) by using KVD Line & Lure Conditioner ie memory, stiffness, casting problems and premature wear. Check out the other thraed here at: http: //www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1214869077/0. This stuff is for real.