Sign in to follow this  
Megastink

REVO STX vs. CURADO E

I want to buy myself a whole new set of reels/rods this winter while the lakes here are frozen. EVERYONE is introducing a new rod, and they all look tasty. But, i have narrowed my reel search down to two models: the REVO STX or the Shimano Curado E. Both are very attractive in both cosmetics and specs. But I dont know which to choose. Any suggestions? Another reel maybe?

I don't have experience with Curados outside of fondling them in Cabela's, but I do have an STX. I don't think you will be disappointed with either reel. The STX is a tremendous reel. One thing I did notice is that Curados have a little bit of backplay, moreso than Revos. I don't like any backplay.

I want to buy myself a whole new set of reels/rods this winter while the lakes here are frozen. EVERYONE is introducing a new rod, and they all look tasty. But, i have narrowed my reel search down to two models: the REVO STX or the Shimano Curado E. Both are very attractive in both cosmetics and specs. But I dont know which to choose. Any suggestions? Another reel maybe?

Wait and when everything comes out you can figure out exactly whatr you want.

It comes to whether you want to take apart your reel every time you change your settings or not......the STX also carry 4 bearings on the handle......

This may be a silly question. but what do tyou mean, "take apart every time i want to make an adjustment"?

This may be a silly question. but what do tyou mean, "take apart every time i want to make an adjustment"?

I think he's talking about taking the side plate off the curado to adjust the brake settings.

I think he's talking about taking the side plate off the curado to adjust the brake settings.

You don't have to take the reel apart just use the quick side plate opening so easy a kid can do it. Also the curado is lighter than the stx probably more refined as well

All of the REVo models have the SAME feature in the side plate, same as the curado. There is a thumbscrew you loosen, and then twist the sideplate clockwise oppositethe reel handle. You can adjust the magnet settings that way also.

All of the REVo models have the SAME feature in the side plate, same as the curado. There is a thumbscrew you loosen, and then twist the sideplate clockwise oppositethe reel handle. You can adjust the magnet settings that way also.

I'm confused.  Yes, the Revo S and Skeet Reese model have centrifugal brakes like the Curado, but the SX, STX, and Premier have magnetic brakes that are externally adjustable.  

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... my mistake. Learn something new everyday.

you might have a look at the DT-Sol for cranking. i like my STX but over all after i learn to use the sol i liked it better.