Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

NO LONGER IN THE PFLUEGER POSSE, OR FENWICK FOR THAT MATTER

Hey Fellas: Not saying that either of those brands are unsatisfactory, but I found myself using other rods and reels and by chance have found the best set ups i have ever used

Cabelas put their old Fish Eagle II's on sale and I bought one and before they went off sale I switched out all my rods I LOVE THESE RODS, perfect fit and weight for me!!

I also went to all BPS Extreme reels , bait casting and one spinning. Baitcasting offering more bang for the buck, especially when the go on sale for 59 bucks! I have one round BPS PRO Qualifier i use for Cranks and thats it !

PS One Fish Eagle II/Prodigy  combo lies on the bottom of Mauch Chunk Lake. I was setting up the cast contol knob and flipped a small jig in the water, as the depth finder was acting koo kko, so I put the rod down to see what was up and a fish hit it and out and down it went!!!!! >;) >:(:o :o

Muddy,

This shows that the higher priced gear is great to own and use but it does not matter to the fish.

Good report.

I would have thought you would have gone overboard to retrieve the lost rod and reel.  ;)

ALMOST SAM: Wallet and new cell phone in pockets , kept me in the boat

I was thinking of trying one of the new Cabela's Fish Eagle II rods for my Extreme baitcaster.  You like them pretty well??  I read somewhere else on here that they had the sensitivity of a 2x4 so I got scared to order one after that.  

:oAnd man, I'd have tied on a big treble hook and some sinkers and went snagging for that rod.  Might have tore it up pretty good by grabbing it, but at least you might have gotten the reel back.   :'(

Also I can't say I'm not in the Pflueger club anymore cause I'm just getting into their spinning reels.  The Trion and President I have are the best I've ever owned.  Beat my Shimano Sedona all to pieces.  

Used Zels Aqua Veiw Camera and couldnt find it, may dive next week, 50buck fine for swiming any place but the beach!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaning to the Trion I still have left, think its better than the Extreme SPINNING REEL, But those Extreme BC's Rock and wait to you feel how nice they balance with the Fish Eagle II, and they feel more than sensitvie enough for me ;)

Muddy jumped off the Pflueger wagon.....has hell frozen over?

Naqh That happens when RoadWarrior sells all his Shimanos! ;D

I bought my 1st new rod and reel in over 10 years shortly after joining this forum a few months back.  After reading many posts on this site I got a Pflueger Supreme reel and a Fenwick HMG rod.  I must have been reading a lot of your posts Muddy.  I love the new set up so I will take your place in that posse.   ;D

That is a wonderful set up! I am getting rid of the Extreme Spinning Reel, the President and for that matter the Trion are much better than the Extreme Spinning Reels.  Gotta ask Dodgeguy about the Flooger Posse thing ;D