Sign in to follow this  
st00pid

baitcaster technique. Not a casting question

Maybe im holding it wrong or something. Im used to my spinning outfit and so far im just learning using fake worms. With my spinner ive got constant tension on my line with it and i can twitch it and get good action. With the new baitcaster im holding it in my palm with my pinky and ring finger around the rod. SHould my whole hand be palming the reel? The castability is awsome, the accuracy is awsome. I've only messed with it in the backyard last night and took it fishing tonight. I've got the spool set perty tight and the brakes on 5 and i can consistantly out cast my pflueger supreme spinner by 15 feet or so. Ive got 20# stren superbraid on it right now. SHould i change anything?

st00pid,

With the new baitcaster im holding it in my palm with my pinky and ring finger around the rod. SHould my whole hand be palming the reel?
IMPO I hold some of my BC reels the same as you describe, and some I hold more into the palm, and some I hold more on the grip. The style you chose will be whatever feels comfortable to you, with that rod/reel combo. So I would say it is going to be personal preferences...

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!  

You could go with some real braid 50lb pp
Why does he need 50 pound anything on a fresh water reel?

He said "The castability is awsome, the accuracy is awsome."