Sign in to follow this  
Georgia Jeff

2007 Revo Premier -vs- 2008 Revo Premier

Anyone know the difference in the new 2008 Revo Premier and the older models (if there are any differneces).  I see posts on EBAY selling the 2008 model for more money and was just wondering.

Instead of screatch, screatch, screatch when you cast it, it goes wee wee wee.  

The brake screech takes a little getting used to but in my opinion, the Premier is a great reel. I don't have any of the 2008 models so I can't really say. I know I like my 2007 models.

The difference is that Abu ditched the magnetic brakes.  The SX, STX, and Premier will have centrifugal brakes on the '09s.  I'm surprised the '08's are going for dirt cheap; I constantly hear negative things about abu's magnetic braking system.  Most common was that the brakes adjust from 'No brake force to very little brake force'.   Skeet didn't want them on his signature reel either.  

I constantly hear negative things about abu's magnetic braking system.

You used to from me, but not anymore.  After using them for well over a year now, I can say the magnetic brake is highly effective and highy refined.  I much prefer it to the centrifugal brake.

I constantly hear negative things about abu's magnetic braking system.

You used to from me, but not anymore. After using them for well over a year now, I can say the magnetic brake is highly effective and highy refined. I much prefer it to the centrifugal brake.

x2

I like the magnetic brakes on my SXs much better than the centrifugal system on my S.

It took me a long time to get used to my SXs.  They do not have the braking power as other reels.  I used to think that was a bad thing but I stuck with it and now I can cast them effortlessly.  Initially, I though I was going to be dissatisfied but I really like them now.