Sign in to follow this  
Bobby O.

Gblanks Rods?

Very good rods. You won't be sorry. I have one and love it. Fivebasslimit has owned several of them in the past.

I have one and for the $$, IMO, it is a good value. I bought it to see how I was going to like the split grip design-turns out I don't like it at all-but I do still use it for pitching and flipping when bank fishing. Definitely a light-weight rod.

FD

Gblanks are a great bargain.  I've seen him at the fishing shows in Tulsa, and he says he will custom make a rod to your specifications.  He used Shikari SHX blanks until 2006...not sure what he is using now.  

I know you can choose the color and have your name on it for free, I wanted to get one but I ended up getting a Techna AV instead ::)

good rods.light ,sensitive.mine are the shikari blanks.he uses rainshadow now,i was told.i dont think it is as good a blank,so i dont know if it feels and acts like the shikaris.Larry is a stand up guy to deal with.for the price its a good deal.

i dont think it is as good a blank

That's a comment that a lot of people make, when they haven't actually used a Batson product. (especially the newer stuff) I'm only guessing you haven't used them so don't take offense to my comments. I think 95% of the people on this board would be pleasantly surprised if they fished a rod made on one of the RX7 or RX8 blanks.

I had asked the same question directly to them... A well timed email from Larry provided this answer:

We now are using Batson blanks out of Washington. Their blanks are much more durable, not near the breakage issues we had with Shikari. Our customs are on their RX7 blanks and we are making some on their new this summer RX8 blanks that are lighter than the Shikari SHX for a comparable blank.

How do you contact this guy?

Actually the Contact for G-Blanks is:

Larry Mitchell

9805 E. Clover Creek Dr.

Claremore, OK 74017

Phone: 918-341-4523

Cell: 918-231-5696

E-MAIL: gblanks@cox.net

I have a 7' MH G-Blank and love it.  The split-grip is not an issue for me.  It's very light, sensitive and well worth the money.