Sign in to follow this  
Crankhead

Daiwa Viento reel

Was at BassPro the other day and saw the Daiwa Viento reel. I thought the twitching bar was interesting and played around with it in the store. I did talk myself into putting it down and walking away. But I admit I keep thinking about the twitching bar and if it's worth the $179 asking price. So how about hearing from those who have bought and used this reel.

The Viento is a great reel.  I caught my biggest flippin fish on one at Clear Lake.  The added action the twitchin bar adds to your bait really makes it come to life -

I have the cheaper version of the viento, i like it but i have it with the burner gear, which is the only thing i don't like.  I throw my senkos with it, I like it but i have noticed especially after switching from another baitcaster i forget that bar is there unless im smoking and it makes things easier.... ya ya i know smoking is bad for me

I've had my Viento for over a year and a half and independent of the Twitching Bar, it is a great reel.  I hadn't used the twiching bar feature much until I recently discovered that the twiching bar imparts an excellent action to top water frogs.  Overall, I think you will be very pleased with the Viento, even if you don't find yourself using the twitching bar that much.