Sign in to follow this  
RiskKid.

Broken Rod

I broke my Shimano Cumara fishing today. Let's just say stupidity played a part.

Not trying to start a debate on brands but here is what happened at the ramp at the end of the day. I was fishing Old Hickory Lake in Nashville and there is a great bait shop there....Flipper's....if you are ever fishing here I recommend these folks. I was told of the over the counter warranty and I was amazed when I took the rod into the store to ask about it. I told them I didn't buy it there and no longer had a receipt. They said no problem, charged me a $35. shipping fee and exchanged the rod no questions asked. Talk about convenience!!! I have my replacement immediately with no hassle. Very cool and a great way to treat customers. I was impressed.

If you were wearing your Yankee hat or t shirt it would have been 70 bucks if I was working there

35 for shipping

35 fine  ;D

Now that is good service.  That's great that they got you back on the water, and I'm sure put you in a better mood to boot.

Just goes to show the great customer service on both the part of the shop as well as the rod company! Great to hear! Honestly, thats a lot of the reason that I buy a lot of Gander Mountain store brand rods, great rods for the money and they have a no fault warranty, no questions asked. Just bring the broken rod to a store and walk out with a new one, no charge, no hassle.

If you were wearing your Yankee hat or t shirt it would have been 70 bucks if I was working there

35 for shipping

35 fine  ;D

Matter of fact I was wearing a Yankee hat....that's probably why they didn't ask any questions!!!  

If you were wearing a Yankees cap then the shipping is supposed to be free.

Red Sox caps shipping doubles.  ;D

I was told by the local shimano rep that there was no charge for bringing in a broken rod to get it exchanged, no matter where you took it.  Sounds to me like the tackle shop made a little extra scratch at your expense. :-[

If you were wearing a Yankees cap then the shipping is supposed to be free.

Red Sox caps shipping doubles. ;D

LSU: THEY GIVE YOU BOTH PIECES BACK AND SEND YOU ON YOUR WAY

I am a Mets fan, we can't afford good rods :-/