Sign in to follow this  
Captin Obvious

All Star graphite rods vs Team Daiwa-S bass rods

Whats your price range? What techniques do you plan on fishing? What series of All Stars are you looking at?  I don't own any rods from All Star or Daiwa, there are a lot of other good rods out there. I like Fenwick and St Croix.

I fish nothing but All Stars.  Titaniums, Platinums, a few Team All stars and an old Classic.  Great rods for the money, light, sensitive.  

I have 4 allstars and I like them very much. I think they are very sensitive, are of high quality, and are a great value.

If you have an academy sports near you, they were having a great sale on rods. My dad got a platinum that retails for $150 for $100.

I have several All Stars.  I have five American Classics and two Team All Star IM-10s.  They are outstanding rods.  They are very sensitive and are nicely finished.  But I wish the cork was a little better.  The cork is good, but not as nice as Fenwick's cork.   And the black plastic butt cap seems a little cheap.  Otherwise, I've got nothing significant to complain about.  My rods have served me well and a couple of my American Classics have been abused and they keep right on fishing.   My 7'6" American Classic flipping rod is probably my favorite rod.  It will lift a Chevrolet out of slop.  

I like both the Team Daiwa S and the LT's, you really cant go wrong there for the $$ IMO, i do however suprisingly like the Allstar SR's, IM10 blanks with split grip handles that perform very well for 90$, i use the 7'2 jog and frog rod for jigs, tubes, and frogs in heavy cover, and the 7'2 m jerkbait rod for jerks, flukes, and 1/4 oz spinnerbaits