Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

St Croix LTB spinning rods

I was at my LTS 2day and he has a LTBS510MXF spinning rod on the rack, I traded off my saltwater gear with him and I have a few hundred on credit.   The rod is last years 07 (non split grip) and he's willing to let her go for $150 in credit, retails for $210.

Anyone with one?  And is she worth the credit trade?

Thanks.

Thats an interesting combination of length/power/action. One I would like!! Excellent price if it suits your needs!!

I just got one of the new split grip LTBS70MF (Tube) and it is freakin' awesome!

What would you be using a 5'10" rod for though? If it fits an application that you need or want, then go for it, otherwise I would see if you could get a power/action that fits with a technique you want to use.

I just got one of the new split grip LTBS70MF (Tube) and it is freakin' awesome!

What would you be using a 5'10" rod for though? If it fits an application that you need or want, then go for it, otherwise I would see if you could get a power/action that fits with a technique you want to use.

It's the "Skippin'" rod of the LTB line-up. It should be perfect for skipping around docks and stuff.

It's the "Skippin'" rod of the LTB line-up. It should be perfect for skipping around docks and stuff.

Absolutly, this is an ideal rod for that...I have a custom lamiglas 5'4" rod I made for that purpose alone,  but now that my daughter is fishing more with me she uses it,  its a perfect fit for her.

Was thining about this soloy for me...

I guess I just don't skip as much as other people...but hey, if you have a use for it, GO FOR IT! I am nothing but pleased with my rod and I'm sure you will be also.

dont worry about the cork ... the ltb is made on a killer blank ... thats what you are paying for ... i love the avids .. they are made on sc3 graphite ... the ltbs are sc4 graphite ,, tough as nails but offer great feel ... i bet you will love your rod ... i dont have any of the spinning ltb rods yet ,,, YET ... i have my eye on the 7ft med fast tube rod ...