Sign in to follow this  
Luca Perina

Flipping Tackle

Hello there!!

I need a new rod and reel for flipping, not to hard...I thinking about 1 oz max.

What can you advice to me? I don't want to spend a lot of money!!

thanks a lot!!

Bye bye from Italy!! ;D

Personally, I have been happy with my 7.5 Ft telescoping Diawa I found at Walmart for about $40.  I matched it with a Quantum reel with left hand retrieve and flipping switch.  All my other reels are right handed, but I like this set up for flipping.

Boost your $ range $50 and you can step up to an All Star American Classic AC FRH 7'6" H/XF, and an Abu Garcia Revo S.  That's my flipping set.  The rod is fantastic, sensitive and tough.  You can lift a big fish no problem.  The Revo - what else can be said.  24lbs of drag pressure.  $100 for rod, $109 for the reel.  

What are rods priced like in Italy compared to the USA?  I know with the dollar being weak against the Euro and other currencies, I have a ton of shoppers in Italy, Spain and many other places getting tackle from the US and evben after paying for shipping, they are still getting a bargain.  You might ber able to get a good deal here in the US.

Brad

It depends to the brand!! St. Croix are priced like in U.S.A. But Brand like  Airrus and Kistler are more expensive... if an Airrus Co-Matrix in U.S.A. cost 95 $ in Italy is 140 ...that is something like 200$!!!!!!

Other example is, a kistler magnesium in USA cost 200$ in Italy is 200 that are 290$!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(