Sign in to follow this  
bwcaw

Quantum Tour Edition PT Deals

I have now purchased 2 Pt's for $150 each! Great reels. 1 burner, and 1 regular. Has anyone out there found them cheaper? I know they are bringing the new one out soon. I will be buying a couple more soon. I am just hoping they drop the price more yet.

bwcaw

***.com and Cabelas were selling them for 130 each but they are hard to come by now.  Ebay has decent deals on them too.  not a bad reel for 130.  If you can get them from ***, you get free shipping...thats hard to beat.

How are the Code reels, compared to the Tour Edition and to the KVD edition? Looking for another BC.  Really not wanting to spend over a $100 for another reel.

Thanks, :)

My friend has a Code and honestly, I would say stay away.  Its a 70 dollar reel because its cheaply made.  Its not smooth and doesn't seem to be very good all around.  And this is coming from someone who is actually a fan of Quantum.

i love my kvd. there i said it. when it goes on sale again for 80 bucks imma get at least one more.  i think the code is the cheaper version of the kvd which is a cheaper version of the accurist pt. *shrug*

My friend has a Code and honestly, I would say stay away. Its a 70 dollar reel because its cheaply made. Its not smooth and doesn't seem to be very good all around. And this is coming from someone who is actually a fan of Quantum.

I agree, I also like Quantum. If you want a less expensive reel, look for an Accurist II 500CX (or 501CX if you want LH) these orginal sold for around $75-$80 and are rock solid reels. Now that they are discontinued you can find them for as little as $50 at some places. Or go for the Accurist 500PT,originaly a $140 reel, now can be had for less than $90. I have 2 CX's and 2 PT's they are great reels, and IMHO the best LP reels under $100 as of now. I think Quantum made a big mistake replacing these reels. At least the CX, the new Catalyst in the PT line might be a step up from the Accurist PT, but the Code sure is not a  step up from the CX.