Sign in to follow this  
snapper G

Who's the maker of the BPS extreme reels?

This may seem like a bit of a dumb Question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, Dose BPS make their products independently?

:-? :-? :-?

I've wondered this too. You can usually look at a reel with the Cabela's name on it and tell who makes it by it's shape. Daiwa and Shakespeare make some of theirs. But the BPS reels, none I've seen anywhere else look like theirs. Browning did have one called Six Rivers that looked a lot like an Extreme, it was in a catalog a year back. But it was way oversized compared to the Extreme, just looked like it was all.

This year BPS has one they call the Nitro and it looks like a Browning Midas or Citori in design.  

BPS has used a few different companies to produce their reels for them, most notably silstar.

the BPS extremes feature the inertial transfer braking (ITB) system which is a registered trademark of pflueger...draw your own conclusions.

BPS has used a few different companies to produce their reels for them, most notably silstar.

the BPS extremes feature the inertial transfer braking (ITB) system which is a registered trademark of pflueger...draw your own conclusions.

Silstar makes BPS, Browning, and Pflueger reels.  

Ah HA!!  I knew I saw some similarities in the BPS and the Browning reels.  

Only thing is, I though Shakespeare made Pflueger??  Does Silstar do those too??

What difference does it make who makes them? If you like them, they serve you well and they work , what is this obsession with WHO MAKES EM?

Just for the trivial nature of the knowledge.  That's all it means to me.  I don't care who makes it, if it fishes well , is affordable, and is comfortable to use, not to mention looks good then I'm buying it.  

Just for the trivial nature of the knowledge. That's all it means to me. I don't care who makes it, if it fishes well , is affordable, and is comfortable to use, not to mention looks good then I'm buying it.

Likewise!