Sign in to follow this  
jwo1124

BPS Power Plus Rods

I have seen these rods before online, but just actually took some time to look over them and read the reviews. Without a lot of cash as a student, and a strong addiction to fishing, bass, stocked trout, salty stripers, stocked salmon, I'm pretty much fishing all year round for different stuff. Needless to say, I have to stretch a beer budget. I like to carry 2-3 rods with me when fishing for bass, a couple for trout and salmon, and I currently only have one striper rod which is really all I need to plug with.

I'm sure these rods aren't top of the line, or top quality, but for $18 how bad can they be for tossing topwaters, jerkbaits, and cranks.

If anyone has any comments on these please share....Gear Snobs need not respond  ;)

I have two of the graphite series  rods that were on sale for $19.99 and they've taken a beating.  They're obviously not the most sensitive rod and they could use 1 or 2 more eyes but it gets the job done...  go to basspro.com and check the reviews on both of them.  I understand the budget thing.  good luck.

I can't comment on the rod, but there is only one rational solution to a student on a beer budget: malt liquor. A few 40's and tall boys won't break the bank, but will give you one heck of a night. ;)

Give the rods a shot. Can't go wrong for twenty bones. I still use an old BPS Crankin' stick on a pretty regular basis. Talk about bang for your buck.