Sign in to follow this  
booneangler

Who has the Bass Pro David Fritts Reel

Just wondering who has the David Fritts Reel that Bass Pro sells. I have one that was made by Bass Pro that David Fritts designed years ago but the new black one that has been out for a couple years now was just wondering if anyone has this and what they think about it for cranking? It is rated a 4.5 out of about 25 voters on BP.

I own a few of both gold and black ones. The gold (first) ones are still going strong, the black ones are still in boxes until the gold ones die. Very good reels, slop gears for crankin', oversized (longer) crankin' handles and will cast crankbaits a country mile. Well worth the money in my opinion.

i have one gold one and was thinking maybe about getting a couple of the black ones for cranking just wondering if they are worth it?

I'd say yes. At least I hope they are, thats why I bought them. From what I've been told, the new black ones have aluminum frames where the first gold ones did not. (Not a big deal to some people) Graphite frame reels are pretty durable unless your constantly setting hooks on huge fish all the time.

Yeah Burley, you're good.

Thanks for asking booneangler, as i was wondering myself. Looks like an updated Lew's Speed Spool...