Sign in to follow this  
BirdNestBen

spinning reel/rod $200-300 range

Guess the reel monkey has bitten again....... just bought a Shimano Symetre 2500 that works great, but thinking of getting a bigger spinning reel for wadefishing/saltwater and bass fishing... flukes, senkos........

Ran into some big bass lately that are super strong, and go a couple of times a year down to the coast for trout/redfish...... looking for something that will hold 14-20 lb. line....... and a good rod to go with it.......

I know this might be a tall order for bass and saltwater but wanting to see if you guys might have any suggestions????

Probably going to buy it within a month's time frame.......

Go with a 3000/3500/4000 series Shimano or Daiwa, and an Avid AVS70MF or AVS70MHF.

The 4000 size would likely be better suited for the 14lb mono, but I'd also suggest braid as an option for the inshore saltwater combo.  If you go with braid, you can even do a 2500 sized reel.

For reference, I've spent a good bit of time fishing inshore with a Stradic 2500, 20lbs braid and a 7' MH Extreme freshwater rod.  Fun times! :)

thanks guys so far for the suggestions.... those all look good....... i like all of those brands, will let you know what I end up buying...... :)