Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Daiwa Zillion Rod Will Be Mine In A Couple Weeks!

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwazillionrod.html

First I have to say that the review from TT of the Zillion Rod is great!

Now from the Zillion rod model that TT reviewed is the one I will be getting. I have that same exact rod on layway till day after Thanksgiving. The store I am buying it from is having a 20% off sale, that is the time I'll be picking the 6'9" MH Zillion rod.

I had the Daiwa Ike 6'8" medium spinning rod a couple weeks ago. The first time using it, I hooked a bass while using a jig. I set the hook & the rod snapped a foot or so from the top. When the bass took off, the rod snapped a couple more times under the original place it broke. I brought the broken Ike rod back to the store & the manager told me he will replace w/ the same model. Well they didn't have any more of the same, so I went w/a 7'6" MH Ike spinning rod. I hemmed & hawed over a week w/ this rod & did not take the plastic off or use it. I then get a flyer from the store that they will be having a day after Thanksgiving sale. So I went back to the store w/ the new 7'6" Ike rod & used that money for a down payment for the 6'9" MH Zillion rod.

I just have to wait a couple more weeks till I can get the Zillion rod. Only thing is the timing will suck, cuz winter is coming....FAST & will only be able to try it out for a little while. the rod will match w/ my Zillion 7.1:1 baitcast reel perfectly!

I'm a big fan of my 6'9" MH Zillion rod w/ Zillion 7.1 reel.

How much do I like it?  Well this past weekend, I put 2 in the boat on a jig.  Why does that matter?  Because I freakin' stink with a jig.

I like this stick.

:)

I'm a big fan of my 6'9" MH Zillion rod w/ Zillion 7.1 reel.

How much do I like it? Well this past weekend, I put 2 in the boat on a jig. Why does that matter? Because I freakin' stink with a jig.

I like this stick.

:)

Yeah...you can really cross their eyes with that little dude.  I find it perfect for jigs 1/4-1oz.  

Though I have to wait until Spring, the 6'3" M is on my list.  One can never have too many topwater and jerkbait rods.  I'm thinking a Core would be a fantastic match, given my intentions with this stick.

I'm really hoping this rod excels at these techniques, as I plan on using it for Rico's, Gunfish 95's, Deep X-Rap's, and Pointer 78's and 100's, as well as their DD counterparts.