Sign in to follow this  
Primus

Revo Winch

I'm thinking about getting one for next season for deep diving crankbaits because some have commented you can get increased casting distance over the Curado. If you have one, how have they worked out so far and would you reccomend it? I realize they haven't been out long, my main interest is casting distance and the braking system. Thanks.

I had a Curado 200DPV in 5.0:1.  I now have a Winch.  (I can't comment on the Curado E.)

The Revo is a little smaller and feels better to palm.  Distance wise, the Curado cast light baits better (under 1/2 oz).  The Revo cast heavy baits better (5/8 oz +).   Quality and smoothness is a toss up.

I think the deep spool of the Revo is better for casting heavier baits longer distances.   The Curado rocked with light cranks.  

Thanks for the reply, it sounds like the Winch will be a great choice for my deep cranking rod (which is MH BPS Crankin' Stick), this is the rod I use for throwing DD 22'S, DT 16'S, etc.

I had a Curado 200DPV in 5.0:1. I now have a Winch. (I can't comment on the Curado E.)

The Revo is a little smaller and feels better to palm. Distance wise, the Curado cast light baits better (under 1/2 oz). The Revo cast heavy baits better (5/8 oz +). Quality and smoothness is a toss up.

I think the deep spool of the Revo is better for casting heavier baits longer distances. The Curado rocked with light cranks.

How do you like the Fenwick Elite Tech Crankster? I have the same rod, but I am using a Citica E on it right now. I just got a Curado DPV, but waiting for it to arrive.

Only took it out once, but I want to compare experiences on it because you probably have a lot more.

I like it well enough.  It's a good cranking rod for deep diving cranks.  I'm not a big fan of fiberglass.

I don't like the foregrip that tightens onto the reel foot.  I thought I would but now I don't.  I do like the main grip with the bulge at the end.  It makes for good two-handed casting.  

Otherwise, it's got a typical fiberglass action - whippy.  The graphite lower half does give it decent backbone.  It's got really nice guides.

I use this rod solely for deep diving cranks.   For lighter cranks and shallow and medium divers I prefer something else.  In fact, I'd rather have a MH/MH graphite rod to replace the Elitetech.