Sign in to follow this  
BassBandit35

3.8 - 4.7 gear ratio

What happened to those low gear reels? I mean, back in the 80's there used to be lot of them. I was looking for a 4.7 or 3.8 gear ratio reel for deep cranking. Looks like they don't exist anymore (except spinning reel) Least I could find is 5.1, that's it. Anyone know of one I can find?

Ah, last night I looked at Zillion, must have overlooked because of the price. 270 dollars, that's out of my budget. I know I should of mentioned I prefer Quantum. Zebco? Edit: Very funny, I just took a peek at their site and it's all "rookie" reels. No way will I ever use it for deep cranking.

Do you have an old Green Curado?  I have a new set of 3:8-1 gears for one.

Yes I do have an old green Curado but, it's retired ;) Appreciate the offering :)

For right now, I'm leaning toward David Fritts reel after reading lot of good things were said in review. I think this reel would be perfect for my set up, with Tour KVD 7'10 launcher so I can launch DD22 and Fat Free Shad a long way.

This is why I still have two old Quantum EX301P reels that I treat like gold. 4:4.1. You just can't find that gear ratio anymore, especially in LFT hand retrieve. Till death do us part, or till 100 bucks each do we part. LOL

I still have an old Quantum 3.8 Crankin' reel from back in the 80's.  Other then it has brass shims and needs oil about once an hour.  Was a great reel for the big DB3 Dredges.  Also bought a Quantum Energy PT 4.4 when they first came out and still use it to this day for DD22's

Also bought a Quantum Energy PT 4.4 when they first came out and still use it to this day for DD22's

Hey Baron, good to see you, if you remember me as BassBandit at UB, got banned ha. Anway, do you know what model? When I googled, most of them came up as a newer one like E750PT and etc. The reel you must be talking about is black with gray roof ?

Also bought a Quantum Energy PT 4.4 when they first came out and still use it to this day for DD22's

Hey Baron, good to see you, if you remember me as BassBandit at UB, got banned ha. Anway, do you know what model? When I googled, most of them came up as a newer one like E750PT and etc. The reel you must be talking about is black with gray roof ?

I have the Energy PT as well. It's an older model they don't offer new anymore, its the E640PT. Great little reel, IMO!

Thanks bassman.

Anyone have David Fritts reel? If so how do you like it?

I have two of them and they are just like the old style. I love them.

Bassbandit,

Sorry to hear you got banned.  This is the first I have heard anything about it.

To answer your question on the Quantum reel.  Mine is so old the acid in my hands has worn off the decals and a lot of the finish.  It is an Energy PT and has the 4.4 ratio.  If I could find another one I would grab it.  Been a great working reel too bad Quantum cannot come up with as good a finish on them.

[quote author=4A697B7B4A69666C617C080 link=1229883687/8#8 date=1229989593

I have the Energy PT as well. It's an older model they don't offer new anymore, its the E640PT. Great little reel, IMO!

Did a search and this is the reel I am using as well....E640PT