Sign in to follow this  
Bassboss

Back line to the front?

I heard some of yall talking about putting the back line to the front. How would you do this without a separate spool? I've been meaning to do this for quite some time, but can't think of how.

Thanks,

You could tie the end of your line to something in your yard (fence, tree limb) then walk out until all the line is off the spool and go back to the start and respool from there, or Ive heard about people tying there line to a bottle or something that floats and while on the water throw that out and either use the trolling motor or big motor and idle out until its all out and then go back and pick up the bottle. I dont reverse my line, but I've heard of people doing it that way. ;)

I only do it with braid and I do it by tying to a fence and walking away, around a tree, then another tree unitl I get to the end. Then I disconnect it from the spool, go back to the fence, tie on that end to the reel spool and reel the line in under tension.

What I do is get an old spool, or any spool. Attach the end to it an get a drill, run a bolt (make sure you have tension on the spool, I use to 2 nuts to sandwich the spool down), loosen the drag on your spool all the way down, an engage the drill.

I do this about one a month depending on how much I have fished or where I have fished, some bodies of water have a dark tint to them an gets in the line, makeing it dirty. also when I want to condition the line.

memo

What I do is get an old spool, or any spool. Attach the end to it an get a drill, run a bolt (make sure you have tension on the spool, I use to 2 nuts to sandwich the spool down), loosen the drag on your spool all the way down, an engage the drill.

I do this about one a month depending on how much I have fished or where I have fished, some bodies of water have a dark tint to them an gets in the line, makeing it dirty. also when I want to condition the line.

memo

X2

I'm not sure I like the idea of running the drill against the drag washers, even if loose.  Seems like a good way to wear out the washers fast.

I simply use a couple of old reels and flip braided line as needed.
That's my method as well.  

I went out and did it early this morning, tied it to a tree, than a fence, when back to the tree, tie the line to the spool, reel it back in keeping the line tight!

Thanks for the help guys! ;)

been reversing line for a long time.  I have also used a backing line.