Sign in to follow this  
demonjd22

Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6500 C3 reel $40 Good deal?

Hey guys I have the opportunity to purchase a Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6500 C3 reel that was serviced 2 yrs ago for $40 with little use.  The seller is also offering a 2 speed version of this reel for $45.  I found this on craigslist and was looking up info online but couldnt find anything to differentiate the 2.  You guys think its a good idea?  Should i spend the $5 extra and get the 2 speed?  I asked for pics so if I get those I'll post em.  I need your guys advice! (I'm new to the whole baitcasting deal, cheapest i could find online was like $85)  Thanks in advance everybody!

I didn't know Abu made a 2 speed 6500 C3.  Must be a bulky reel.

With all due respect, I'd skip the deal.  C3s are great reels, but this one already sounds old, no pictures, serviced 2 years ago...  My gut tells me you'll be getting a beater.  I'd spend a wee bit more and buy something more modern (and more verifiable) on ebay.  Better yet, wait until March and buy a new reel at Bass Pro (if there is one near you) during their Spring Classic Ree-Trade-In promotion.  You can buy a $4 reel and trade it in for a substantial discount on a new reel.  

Hey guys I have the opportunity to purchase a Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6500 C3 reel that was serviced 2 yrs ago for $40 with little use. The seller is also offering a 2 speed version of this reel for $45. I found this on craigslist and was looking up info online but couldnt find anything to differentiate the 2. You guys think its a good idea? Should i spend the $5 extra and get the 2 speed? I asked for pics so if I get those I'll post em. I need your guys advice! (I'm new to the whole baitcasting deal, cheapest i could find online was like $85) Thanks in advance everybody!

id pass. not that the C-3 isnt a good unit, just that its heavy, bulky, and holds 4 miles of line. with a little work you could do better on ebay.

Thanks for the heads up gentlemen.  That's why i love this site, great info in a timely manner.  I guess i will lowball them for 20$ and if they bite keep it as a spare.  Thanks again!