Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

where do i put the oil on my reel

I've got a daiwa procaster (nearly 3 years old) that is now less smooth and making a little noise. I'm guessing it could use some reel oil for the first time. I bought some, but my question is where EXACTLY do I put the oil on the reel and how much do I put on. anyone know where I can find a video on this?

If the reel has not been serviced in the past three years I would think it is going to need to be cleaned and relubed with fresh grease and oil.

If you are unfamilar with cleaning and servicing reels then I would take it or send to somebody that knows how.

If the reel has not been serviced in the past three years I would think it is going to need to be cleaned and relubed with fresh grease and oil.

If you are unfamilar with cleaning and servicing reels then I would take it or send to somebody that knows how.

X2, but if you decide to tackle it remember that a little oil goes a long way. Just a drop(No more). Oil the bearings on each end of the spool shaft and the washer if it has one along with the line guide pipe. Grease the worm shaft, gears, and a drop on each end of the spool shaft.

If you have not had a reel apart be very careful. You will end up with extra parts(At least I use to) and that is not good. If you want to try, go for it; you can always box it up and have a repair center reassemble it for you. Good luck

Send to the Reel Mechanic for a professional cleaning and lube.

8-)

I've got a daiwa procaster (nearly 3 years old) that is now less smooth and making a little noise.

Like the rest of the guys mentioned. In a reel that old, just oiling  is not going to do much. It need complete disassemble, cleaning and grease and oil. Best is to send it to a reel mechanic.

This video/dvd is well known for its simplicity and step by step instructions. It helped a lot when I started taking care of my own.

http://www.lakeforktacklerepair.com/tips.htm

Good luck