Sign in to follow this  
fishinfiend

P-line evolution

I recently purchased a spool of evolution to try out and so far I am very pleased. This is my first experience with any line other than mono and I was concerned with how it would cast. I was pleased with the way it cast, the lack of stretch, , but was a little dissapointed by the high amount of memory. Anyone else have any thoughts on this line?

The evo is ok, I bought a spool and noticed it did have quite a bit of memory but it lasts a while and wont break knots after a month of use.

The halo is not much more expensive, and I swear by it. Best line I have ever tried for light copoly, 6-8lb test Ive used both. Lasts a long time, very low memory and the mist green is very nice. I like it way more then CXX which had high memory for me as well in 8lb. I went through just about every pline, vanish, couple others before finding halo and its all I will spool on my senko spinning rig now.

the only P-line ive tried is CXX and i didnt like that at all. RW's line of choice is IMO much easier to use and carries the same price tag. buy a small spool of Yo-Zuri and give it a try.

Good strong line with small diameter. Gray color is hard to line watch. Hit it with some KVD line conditioner, it really helps with the memory.

X2

I have some 20# that I use for worming and pitching. Love it. I also use it on a heavy crankin pole for square bills when I don't want them to get too deep.

I bought a spool of 8# when it first came out.  I don't know if I got a bad spool but it seemed to break very easily.  It's tough to give something a try again when it fails so miserably on you the 1st time.  I fish mostly P-line Flourocarbon, Floroclear & the C-XXX strong for jigs/spinnerbaits.

I gave it a pretty thorough run through when it came out. I felt like it had less abrasion resistance than CX and as much memory as CXX, so double suck. Seemed like it had good strength to diameter though, but I prefer CX Premium for a light duty copoly.

20, Halo is flouro. What they call a "co-flouride" at that.

I haven't tried the P-Line Evolution but I have tried the Floroclear and both the CXX and CX and like there products. I think I will be trying the P-Line Spectrex and either the Halo or there other fluorocarbon this year.

Great products

I knew it was a cross, I thought it was copoly but your absolutely right its co-flouride. Its a bit more expensive but I really like it alot. Way more then the flourocarbon which was sworn to me by the guys at BPS as all they use anymore. If you go to the p-line website it looks like they are offering rebates if you buy any two spools of line, you get $6 off for anyone interested.

Oh and I was wrong, I havent tried the CXX. I have spooled the CX premium and didnt like that one at all. Only lasted a month before it got brittle and was breaking knots. That was in 8lb, but I also bought a spool in 12lb for my baitcaster that I havent switched over to yet. Hopefully thats a little better, but havent wanted to strip the braid off it because of the low use I got out of the 6lb.

I gave it a pretty thorough run through when it came out. I felt like it had less abrasion resistance than CX and as much memory as CXX, so double suck. Seemed like it had good strength to diameter though, but I prefer CX Premium for a light duty copoly.

20, Halo is flouro. What they call a "co-flouride" at that.