Sign in to follow this  
CWB

Vicious Flourocarbon Line

Has anyone tried Vicious fluorocarbon?

I've tried most brands but not this. So far the best I have used is Sunline's FC Sniper. But for what this costs for 100 yds, you can get 800 yds of Vicious. Any reviews? I really like Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultrasoft

also but can only find it at Cabelas and they never have it in the store.

It's actually pretty good.  I used 15 lb for pitching and for my spinnerbait and it worked great all year.  It's strong, sensitive, little to no stretch - just about everything you could ask for in a flouro line.  For the price and amount that you could get it for - it's a good deal.  I'm going to get me some more for sure.

I tried it when they first hit the market, and I the first few spools were good, then a few spools later it would break all the time for no apparent reason even after I had just respooled.  I don't know if they changed their formula for the line so I may give it another chance seeing as how the economy is pushing me to look to save anywhere I can.

I bought some for a trip to Erie last fall and I was impressed. I got 6 + 8 # and had no problems. It actually performed better than vanish of the same # tests. That is the only time I have used it but plan on uing it again this year.

I bought some for a trip to Erie last fall and I was impressed. I got 6 + 8 # and had no problems. It actually performed better than vanish of the same # tests. That is the only time I have used it but plan on uing it again this year.

Anything will out perform Vanish.

No experience with vicious. i use seaguar invisx and sunline fc sniper

Sounds like I might try some more brands next year. I do use pline quick a bit and am happy with that. I just thought the price on the vicious was good so I tired it. Maybe if I used it more it would have shown it's true colors?

Agree Vanish is garbage. Lost what might have been my P.B when it broke for no reason other than to p*ss me off!

Never again. It's becoming apparent you get what you pay for.

Agree Vanish is garbage. Lost what might have been my P.B when it broke for no reason other than to p*ss me off!

Never again. It's becoming apparent you get what you pay for.

The only thing that Vanish is good for is backing for reels!

I have had great sucess with vicious, but I like Bass Pro's flouro a little better.

I would say its worth the price you pay for it.

Anything will out perform Vanish.

No experience with vicious. i use seaguar invisx and sunline fc sniper

Seaguar and Sunline is where it's at. Forget everything else...

....except braid and Trilene 100% when you must.

Vicious Flourocarbon Line is top notch!! Easily the best bang for your buck! I think that it handles and performs as well if not a little better than P Line, the only difference I can see between the two are the Vicious has a slightly larger line diameter! I haven't had a fish break me off while using it and I have been using it for two years. You should defenitly give it a try! You can pick it up directly from there website @ http://www.vicious-fishing.com . Look into the new braided line and the line and lure conditioner also. This company is moving up fast, because of thier great prices, quality products, and great service!!

All of this my flouro is better than your flouro is kinda silly.  Brand name has little to do with quality as according to available resources there are only three factories worldwide that are able to produce floro http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/fluorocarbon_line.html  if that is still the case, there isn't much difference in the line.  As far as anyline saying it is 100% flouro, it is just plain false, as the flouro has to be mixed with other materials to produce line.