Sign in to follow this  

I bought one of the Shimano cumara rods and all i can say is wow!!! It is so light and sensitive and doesnt cost $300 like the gloomis.  I have a a couple of gloomis rods but i will never go back to them after using the cumara.

You will if yours snaps at the reel seat on a hookset in the first month like mine did.  I'm sure I just got a bad apple, but when I took it back to Cabela's I didn't take any chances and got a G Loomis.  Before the breakage I did like the rod.

Hey at least if it breaks it is backed by the best warranty you could ask for.  You don't have to send it in like loomis or croix. Just take it to a pro shop and they will swap it out.

Very true.  However, not really convenient if its a reoccuring problem.  I'm sure mine was an isolated incident, but like I said I wasn't going to take the chance.

I know where youre coming from, I have a cumara and its the only rod I have where I can successfully throw un wieghted soft plastics with good results.

Love my 7'2" medium cumara.  I love throwing senkos, t-rigs, and light jigs with it.  Not to mention it is a very solid medium.  Tons of backbone yet super sensitive.

I have busted both loomis and shimano rods and never had any problems returning either.  I purchase most of my stuff from Cabelas, and down here they always let me swap out for the same model our store credit towards something else.  Some of their prices might be higher, but I prefer to pay for the peace of mind knowing I can always return something if it breaks.  

I've got two Cumaras, one 7'2" MH for big jigs and worms, and the 6'8" M spinning for Shakey heads.  I love those rods, I want two more, but haave to wait, they are pricey.

I LOVE MY CUMARA AS WELL!! 6'8" MH F want more all my other rods seem like junk to me after feeling how light and sensitive it is. (for the price) never tried a G. Loomis IMX or GLX but they are more $$$$ as well