Sign in to follow this  
Rand

Steez uses

Just wondering what yall use the Steez for. I have a Steez 100 HA on a Steez 701 MHFBA. I use it mostly for soft plastics. Just seeing what else you use it for. Also looking to put new line on reel and looking for suggestions.

Rand

Steez 103H - strictly for pitching jigs, spooled w/ 15 lb. Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon.

My friend uses his for winter chrome. Note the reel at the bottom of the frame:

437310337_mUHtV-L.jpg

Pitchin jigs. Nice! You feel like it has enough uumph? What rod?

The lighter drag pressure has never been an issue for me on hooksets, I guess I'm used to it.  Some people feel like you need enough drag pressure to snap your rod in half, I don't like the idea of breaking $300+ rods.  The reel is on a Kistler Helium II LTX 7' H.

Well I can tell you it wouldn't be a great paperweight. Too light.

I'd be glad to trade you a Citica 201D...it would do a much better job. It can pin down paper in tropical storm force winds!

Seriously though, I just handled one for the first time at a fishing expo and shakey head immediately came to mind.

The Natural......It's ok man I think its good to talk about the steez in any capacity. But seriously what replaced your steez reels

Dominion Dan..............Bought the steez/steez setup on the Flea Market here. When i got it together it felt like holding air. Unreal how light this combo is.

I don't have any Steez reels anymore, but still have some rods. I use them for all kinds of things. And yes....I realize my post is lame :(

Natural,

Any specific reason(s) why you got rid of your Steez? Thinking about replacing the TD-Z's with them this year and would be interested to hear if you had any negative feedback.

FD

I don't have any Steez reels anymore, but still have some rods. I use them for all kinds of things. And yes....I realize my post is lame :(

Natural,

Any specific reason(s) why you got rid of your Steez? Thinking about replacing the TD-Z's with them this year and would be interested to hear if you had any negative feedback.

FD

My Steez 103's were fine, and I only sold them because I didn't need them. I wasn't a fan of my Steez 100's though...I just couldn't get them dialed in. Significant Professional overruns occurred. I have 6 TD-Z's and they remain my favorite reel I have ever owned. I am in the process of overhauling them with new paint and bearings. I'll post them up when I'm done, but I'm taking my sweet time and haven't worked on them in weeks.

Natural,

FD

My Steez 103's were fine, and I only sold them because I didn't need them. I wasn't a fan of my Steez 100's though...I just couldn't get them dialed in. Significant Professional overruns occurred. I have 6 TD-Z's and they remain my favorite reel I have ever owned. I am in the process of overhauling them with new paint and bearings. I'll post them up when I'm done, but I'm taking my sweet time and haven't worked on them in weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I am interested to hear how much the upgrade in bearings increases the performance of the reel.

[

Thanks for the reply. I am interested to hear how much the upgrade in bearings increases the performance of the reel.

The stock bearings are pretty good, probably ABEC 5 rate. I have tried VXB ABEC 7 and yes there is a bit of casting improvement...not much.