Sign in to follow this  
glhs

symetre very rough and no spool action

I just purchased the last shimano symetre from Dicks sporting goods. When I got home and tried to turn the handle the spool didn't move up and down and it feels rough. The package wasn't damaged in any way so i don't think it was handled in a bad way.

I will be returning it hoping they can transfer one from another store but thought I would ask here first.

It certainly needs to be returned.  If I purchasd any reel that felt like that, it would be returned.

It was probably one of the blister pack versions, I bet.

Yes, it was in the blister pack. I hate those. Is there any difference between the ones in the blister and the boxes? Just curious.

It's going back for sure but was curious as if anyone has seen this. Thanks for the replies.

I just purchased the last shimano symetre from Dicks sporting goods. When I got home and tried to turn the handle the spool didn't move up and down and it feels rough. The package wasn't damaged in any way so i don't think it was handled in a bad way.

I will be returning it hoping they can transfer one from another store but thought I would ask here first.

Just take it back, I am sure that they will give you a new one! It is a good reel.

Just take the reel back for return/refund..

I personally would never by a reel in the clam/blister packs..

Better Luck Next Time!

Tight Lines!!!

The last Symetre I bought was in a clam-pack and is not as smooth as my other one that was in a box. It was also lacking the instructions, washers, and bottle of oil that came with the boxed reel.

Thanks guys. I have two on the way. The guy was nice enough to call seven stores before he found any.

Does anyone know why they put some in the blister pack and some in the box? And yes the oil and instructions were not in the blister pack.

I think it's hard to beat the price of 50 bucks each reel.

Some dealers prefer the clam packs because of storage space or display space. Wal Mart is the king of clam packs...

The reel should have been smooth and perfect in the pack. We take them out of a box and stick them in the clam pack. The oil, shims and instructions should be there too. We did have a run of them that did not contain these items. Give us a call and we can send you these items 877-577-0600.